Saturday, August 19, 2006

Greetings from BC!


Hello folks. Greetings from Fairmont Hot Springs, BC.

Friday, August 18th - I had a successful meeting with the riding association in Kootenay-Columbia. It was a gorgeous day and we met at the Prestige Inn in Cranbrook. The riding association, Betty Aitchison, is a sweet, hip lady. Her and her husband, Hugh, took me around Cranbrook and the surrounding area, telling me all about the area's history. Just fascinating.

Martha presented herself in a video format - more than 10 minutes long, Martha impressed the local Liberals with her views on a wide array of issues - softwood lumber, the environment, aboriginal affairs, and many others. The crowd was VERY impressed.

Saturday, August 19 - As if one day with Betty wasn't enough, Betty and Hugh joined my family for a wonderful tour of Kimberley's old mine. We hopped onto an old train and went up the mountain that housed the mine. Betty and Hugh were our "tour guides." (Hugh worked as a safety manager in the mining site.) After our train ride, we all sat atop the mountain at Kelsey's and sipped back some beer. (No, that's not true - Betty and I had iced tea and lemonade, respectively).

Thanks, Betty and Hugh for a wonderful time. And yes - we will see each other in Montreal!

Pictures below:

Me, my mum, Betty Aitchison (President of the Kootenay-Columbia FLA), Hugh Aitchison


Betty, me, my mum on the train up the mine in Kimberley, BC.

Only one more day at Fairmont Hot Springs (this is my break from politics...but I still have my BlackBerry...). Then I will be joining Martha in Vancouver for the National Caucus meetings that will take place from Aug 21-24. Will blog as much as I can.

Jung-Suk

No comments: