Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Blogger Endorses Martha Hall Findlay!


See below...

From "A Younger Liberal"
http://rebuildingourparty.blogspot.com/

Saturday, May 27, 2006

It's Time

It's Time for this humble blogger to pick a candidate.

We are up to 7 fully registered candidates according to Elections Canada and I have heard alot from all sides.I recently had a chance to talk to Martha Hall Findlay and get some questions answered about why she is running and what her vision is for the country. I will be posting the results very shortly as I took notes very quickly and my writing is aweful. I have determined one thing though:

It's Time....

Martha has a lot of things going for her and a lot of things working against her. All these things though are what make her the perfect next leader. What impresses me the most is that she is just a rank and file member of the party. She was on the OWLC exec, a candidate, member of the party. That's it, she isn't part of the party elite, and she isn't backed by the party elite. Her national campaign director is Quito Maggi, a former staffer at LPC(O); her tour director a former staffer from LCSB at Queen's park.

She is from the general membership and so is her entire team. If you want to talk about rebuilding the party, or changing how we operate by listening to the 'grassroots' more, this is the team to be on. It doesn't get anymore grassroots then this.On the other hand there is something special to her. She has the qualities to lead, and the desire to do it. A lot of what I heard about her in the beginning was that she was just angling for a cabinet post. She isn't. She is in this for the right reason, she saw an opportunity to change something, to change our party and change this country for the better, and she's trying her best to take it.To me, the impression I have gotten so far is that we need someone to lead our army of Liberals in the next election. With harvard profs and former cabinet ministers, our only options are the party 'officer class', people so far removed from our experience that they simply can't relate to us anymore.

Martha Hall Findlay isn't part of that, she is us, so I say this again...It's Time

It's Time to stop complaing about leaders who don't listen, who are from a whole different class of party members;

It's Time to do something about about it;

It's Time for a leader who see's things our way;

It's Time for Martha Hall Findlay!

This is my big partisan rant. I'm going to try and keep my posts relatively neutral. It's important to keep the debate honest, and not just walk lock-step behind someone like we are seeing with other candidates.

posted by Younger Liberal

No comments: